If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for an Algorithm Developer with broad experience in powertrain controls related topics, and automotive experience.
- Design, development, implementation, optimization, and testing of powertrain control algorithms for electrical vehicle
- Specification and development of requirements related to the powertrain control functions
- Documentation of algorithm development and testing results, and integration of the documentation within the relevant tool
- Provide feedback and assistance to other systems requiring powertrain controls support including: motor controls development, battery management system development, chassis controls development
- Simulation of electric vehicle systems for attribute estimation and controls development
- Develop test plans for validation of powertrain controls function including MIL, HIL, and on-vehicle testing
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow for control algorithm development for real time implementation
- Good understanding of electric vehicle powertrains and EV components: batteries, motors, power conversion
- Experience implementing safetMaster’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experiencey-critical software such as torque path controls
- Knowledge of classic and modern control techniques including PID controller, state space observer and control methods, Kalman filter, etc.
- Experienced with the full development process including simulation (model in the loop (MIL) and/or software in the loop (SIL)), board level testing (hardware in the loop (HIL)), and system level testing (dyno, vehicle). Ability to support development and validation process at any stage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized and good documentation skills
- Experience with instrumentation tools such as CANalyzer, CANape, ETAS Inca, and ATI Vision
- Good trouble shooting skills and understanding at the system level (electrical propulsion system including gearing, powertrain controls and battery system)
- Experience with software versioning systems such as SVN / Git
- Experience with requirements / traceability tools such as DOORS, PREEVision, and Polarion
- Functional safety related qualifications (ISO26262) are a plus
- Embedded C experience is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.