If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Battery Test Engineer is responsible to understand and develop safety requirements for battery cells, modules and systems, and to devise and execute tests to validate that the company’s products satisfy the requirements.
- Assist in the development of detailed DVP&R plans, including statistical confidence intervals
- Lead the scheduling and execution of test plans including acquiring quotes and availability at outside test houses
- Write detailed test procedures
- Execute test procedures: Hands-on in the lab, working with high voltage battery modules and packs
- Post process data and publish test reports in a timely manner, to support the product development cycle
- Update DVPR with test execution dates and links to reports
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase
- Good communication with the rest of the organization when issues/failures arise
- Setup and maintain an Equipment Calibration Program for all test equipment in the lab
- Experience with battery safety standards (UN 38.3, SAE J2464, SAE J2929, etc.)
- Experience working with lithium-ion battery cells in large-format, high voltage applications.
- Understanding of heat transfer, fluid/mass transport, statistics and thermodynamics.
- Familiarity with materials, processes and technologies for battery safety and thermal management.
- Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation
- Familiarity with CAN communications
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Works well with team members. Test Engineers work/collaborate closing with the Battery Design Engineers
- Experience with high voltage battery systems
- Experience with battery cyclers and hooking up a battery system to a cycler, is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.