If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Canoo is looking for a Power Electronics Engineer that will be responsible for the design, analyze and testing power electronics components and systems.
- Lead electronics design for board level assemblies for traction inverter.
- Take responsibility of power device characterization, gate driver design and characterization.
- Create and validate simulation electro-magnetics, electro-thermal models of traction inverter components and assembly.
- 4 years research or industry experience in at least one of the following areas:
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Power semiconductor characterization, gate driver design and validation
- Inverter power stage design and optimization
- Analog circuit design, power supply design, circuit board testing and debugging
- FEA of electromagnetics, thermal, structure mechanics, and validation
- Proficient in Altium or other PCB design tools.
- Proficient in using scopes, probes, DAQ, data processing, etc.
- Experience with high power semiconductor devices with more than 600V and 400A.
- Proficient in FEA tools, such as Maxwell, COMSOL, etc.
- Experience with design validation and bringing design to production.
- Understanding of and interest to understand multiphysics of energy conversion systems
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Hands-on interest in developing a real world product from concept to production stages.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.