If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The person In Charge of CAE will be responsible for thought leadership in complete vehicle safety and leading in the definition of the vehicle architecture from concept to detailed design. Collaborate with other departments to deliver vehicle performance, packaging, and homologation.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Understand global legal regulations and the impact on the product and be an industry-recognized thought leader in these aspects
- Work with key vehicle systems to deliver a global NCAP 5* vehicle and IIHS top safety pick
- Lead the development of strategies to deliver the above targets
- Ensure product is being engineered to meet global regulations within defined program timeline
- Support vehicle test team to deliver an optimized test plan
- Define test requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 15+ years of vehicle safety crash experience
- Highly experienced in CAE Crash Safety development
- First-hand experience on developing vehicle structure and occupant performance from concept to launch
- Hands-on experience in analyzing physical test results.
- Understanding of various BiW manufacturing process
- Design and development of component and sub-system tests
- Experience in direct dealing with NHTSA / EU authorities
- Experience in homologation, including CCC process.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.