If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Design Release Engineer will be final authority responsible for releasing components to the vehicle. The DRE will work closely with all internal and external suppliers and groups to ensure a successful product launch.
- Steering Column control module – LH & RH stalk switches, and clock spring
- Steering wheel switches/bezel
- Window and Door release switches
- Hazard switch and Liftgate exterior release switch
- Pegboard Ambient lighting
- Front/Rear Map lights/bezel assemblies, Puddle lamps
- Supporting DS4 Class A CAD1 milestone for Gamma / Production design freeze
- Supporting studio team in the development of Class A surfaces with design inputs/confirming CMF/craftsmanship requirements
- Benchmarking, packaging, and attachment to adjoining systems
- Developing component technical specifications and test plans
- Working closely with the purchasing team and supporting the RFQ/sourcing process
- Developing electrical device transmittals and schematics for all 12V switches and interior lighting for Beta and Gamma - analog, digital, LIN and CAN interfaces
- Proposing electrical architecture changes for cost reduction
- Providing launch support/coordinating part procurement/testing for Beta builds through making detailed work instructions with pictures for installation and assembly of parts
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in an engineering development environment
- Fundamental understanding of electronics, software, mechanical, and UI/UX considerations
- Injection molded part design, DFM/DFA, DFMEA, packaging electronics, PCB design, fastening techniques, seal design, plating
- Coordinating lighting simulations and recommending design changes.
- CAD: Catia V6
- Electrical Schematics: Microsoft Visio
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.