If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As our In Charge of Supply Chain, you will play a vital role in the success of Canoo. You will own the entire procurement process. You will drive operational excellence, while acting as the leader for supplier contacts. In addition, you will own the supply chain performance and delivery for this group. A thorough knowledge of supply chain, commodities, purchasing and the ability to forecast trends and market pressures to help minimize supply risks and financial volatility is required. This individual will serve as a change agent leader to improve relationships with internal and external customers.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Hands-on leader, who owns procurement and supply chain management.
- Support the business in adding value and reducing costs by providing excellence in procurement strategy development and implementation, supply based management and supplier relationship management.
- Strengthen the Global Procurement and Supply Chain organization and its capabilities to become an indispensable business partner on innovation and cost saving initiatives.
- Driver of QBRs, vendor scorecards and negotiating aggressive cost reductions.
- Lead internal process changes partnering with Finance and Legal on contract negotiations and claims/disputes
- At least 15 years of progressive experience in Procurement and Supply Chain.
- MBA degree is not required, but preferred.
- Real world experience in EV/Automotive or similar industry is most important.
- Proven track record of forming winning partnerships with suppliers
- Proven track in change management
- Must have the strategic capability to devise short- and long-term Procurement and Supply Chain strategies, balanced by operational capability to implement them.
- Capable of creating a sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to break down complex problems, systematically identify causes and develop solutions
- Ability to adapt to altering situations, to persist despite setbacks, and to get things done.
- Must be a motivational leader who engages the team through enthusiasm and excitement about the business
- Experience managing in a challenging and fast paced global environment.
- Have the attributes of a mentor or teacher who can develop a performance-oriented team and build a strong bench of talent
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work effectively outside of the sphere of direct influence, have strong leadership skills and be able to communicate clearly
- Adept at influencing senior leaders.
- Based in HQ in Torrance, CA, but both continental US and international travel will be a part of this role (30-40% travel)
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.