If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers, strategists and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you.
Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility.
We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on.
The Role – Purpose & Responsibilities
This is a rare opportunity within the Product Launch team to design, build and cultivate the interaction between Canoo and its customers. You will play an integral role in defining what our brand stands for, mapping the customer journey, championing customer-centric problem solving, aligning products and solutions with customer expectations, developing channel strategies that work independently yet interact and are consistent, establishing our brand as relentlessly relevant, and cultivating unbridled, tribal brand love that is worth sharing.
Below illustrates what you will do. That said, we are all building this brand and company together, so you will wear many hats and have the opportunity to provide valuable input into various marketing-related work streams.
Craft plans for the creation, delivery and governance of content that is meaningful, useful and usable
• Set the vision and lead implementation of an annual CRM & Editorial plan and strategies to guide the prioritization, development and execution of on-going, monthly, quarterly and annual content-driven initiatives to elevate & extend the brand, increase relevance, drive awareness, interest, engagement and conversation, and meticulously target our intended customer cohorts
• Collaborate closely with Ops, Marketing, Design, and Product Management to ensure CX is integrated in the “beyond product” experience
• Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure best-in-class Ecommerce experiences for the end-user, including both web and app experience, informed by data-led insights and the delivery of content that is timely and relevant
• Support lifecycle strategies, co-executing with data-driven analytics
• Introduce regular content audits and reports
Define a sustainable process for developing and maintaining a deep understanding of audiences through journey mapping a holistic view of our users
• Build a holistic view of customer experience end-to-end, identify customer pain points, and recommend solutions
• Represent users through customer understanding focusing on quality obsession, measurement, guardianship
• Champion customer-centric problem solving through internal training sessions and knowledge sharing. Introduce new industry standards and practices to the organization by staying up to date with the latest global thinking on customer experience
Identify gaps in CX and lead initiatives to repair and improve the customer journey
• Direct the email marketing program including all promotional, trigger-based, targeted, personalized, and drip campaigns
• Develop annual email marketing KPIs and related strategies that exceed our customer traffic, conversion, referral and demand goals, and continually strive to innovate and grow the business
• Partner with Finance to establish and drive launch KPIs including Acquisition, Referral, and LTV goals
• Forecast the business through multiple approaches to ensure viability of sales plans and annual KPIs
• Develop strategies and continuously test into increasing customer KPIs and minimize bounce/churn
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders to improve customer experience (partnered with operations, marketing, support, product)
• Provide operations managers and project leads with qualitative insights that result in improved conversion, higher retention, and increased LTV
Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods to help define roadmaps, vision, and strategy
• Manage a relationship with research teams to scale local insights and align on future initiatives
• Manage vendor relationships for collecting localized qualitative data
• Lead grassroots and improvisational research to validate experiments quickly
• Become our company expert pertaining to VOC
Who You Are
Canoo is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Product Launch team. If you aren’t intimidated by a blank sheet of paper, love going from zero to one, and are a customer advocate first and foremost, this is the role for you.
You can speak to the intricacies and details of successful digital and offline community cultivation, but never lose sight of the bigger picture. You have owned the CRM and CX piece of successful product launches, you obsess over rigorous A/B testing and proving ROI, have a deeply rooted love for design and consumer psychology, and always look to take things in a new, exciting direction.
You are an excellent communicator and collaborative by nature. You care for your teams. You stand up for what’s right. You’re driven by building the Electric Car Membership of the future. You’re emotionally aware and capable of leading within a low politics, startup environment.
What’s Cool About Working Here
If you take this role, you’re contributing to a critical industry that affects the future of humanity. This is an opportunity to build and spread technology that optimizes the way people move and brings the auto industry into the future.
You will learn from and work with a range of experts in their fields. You’ll expand your tech knowledge and existing background by learning from these people and working with them to drive exciting, novel projects forward.
Awesome benefits include, but are not limited to:
• Four months paid primary care giver leave • Flexible PTO • Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan • Beautiful new facility in Torrance • Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy • Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility • A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page