If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Canoo is looking for a CMF Materials Engineer to support CMF Design, Engineering, and Purchasing teams with materials know-how to bring design vision into production vehicles. The Materials engineer will fit in between Design, Engineering, Purchasing teams filling the gaps of finding solutions for material feasibilities development, evaluation, and validation.
Responsibilities and Goals
· Develop and establish Canoo’s standard CMF Design related materials specifications and requirements.
· Develop test plans, run tests using out-sourced resources, and evaluate/ validate test results for material feasibilities.
· Cultivate relationships with material suppliers to optimize technical support and to optimize material cost.
· Research new material technologies, create relevant specifications and validate materials for automotive use.
· Coordinate delivery of materials and material development to support program deliverables.
· Responsible to deliver feasible solutions to bring Design team’s vision into production vehicle
Qualifications / Experience
· BS/MS in Materials Engineering
· Experience with automotive CMF design team is required
· 5+ years of Commercial experience with material providers
· Creative mindset
· High attention to detail
What's Cool About Working Here...
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.